Skill Level: Beginner
Basic Skills Necessary:
- Work in the round on a circular needle
- Decreases for shaping
Instant Download Knitting Pattern. (This shopping cart is now closed)
The Eastport Alpaca, either factory or Hand Spun, makes it extra luxurious and oh, so soft but you can use any soft natural fiber yarn that gives you the correct gauge.
As with all of my patterns I’ve chosen a yarn in a very common gauge so that your yarn substitutions will be easy to make.
Be sure to choose a very soft and luxurious natural fiber yarn. The simple design will make your luxury yarn “sing”. It is especially lovely in handspun yarn which can be purchased at my web site or my Etsy store. Just mention the pattern and I’ll spin it with this design in mind.
The design is classic and timeless, simple and elegant, always in fashion and perfect for heirloom knitting.
I wanted a simple but classy design for a little boy. The shaped armhole gives it a dressier, more fitted look. Of course, this would also look beautiful on a baby girl if knit in a complimentary colour.
A trio of buttons on the shoulder adds style and makes for easier dressing.
BONUS section: Fully Illustrated 3 needle bind off tutorial
I hope that you enjoy knitting this pattern and using the finished garment as you please. Please feel free to wear, gift or sell the garments you knit using this pattern. I would really appreciate being acknowledged as the designer.
20 sts and 32 rows per 4 inches (10 cm) in pattern stitch
Sizing / Finished Measurements:
- 0-3 months [6 months, 12 months, 18 months,]
- Finished Measurements
- Chest: 21 [21.5, 22.25, 23] inches – 54 [55, 56.5, 58] cm
- Length: 10.5 [11.25, 12, 13] inches – 26.5 [28.5, 31, 32.5] cm
- Eastport Alpaca DK Wt. 900yds/lb, 70% Alpaca (Huacaya & Suri)/ 30% Merino Snowy Natural 75gr Skein 3 [3, 3, 4,] skeins
- OR Nancy Elizabeth Designs HandSpun Eastport Alpaca DK Wt. approx. 40 yds/oz. 70% Alpaca (Huacaya & Suri)/ 30% Merino, 1 oz (28 gram skeins) 6 [7, 9, 10,] skeins
- OR Other natural fiber yarn in DK weight that works with the gauge
- Follow the link above “Read blog or news article about this pattern” to order yarns
You Will Also Need:
- Stitch holders or yarn lengths to hold stitches
- 3 Buttons
- Size 4 mm (US size 6) circular 16 inches long.